Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference marches on this week, and today the company has a nice treat for designers. Apple has officially joined the Figma community and released its own design kit with iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 resources.
- Comprehensive set of components, from Alerts to Widgets and everything in between
- Home Screen and Lock Screen widget templates
- Notification design templates
- Templates for tabbed apps, parent / child apps, split views, and sheets
- Full dynamic type chart with accessibility sizes
- Built in iOS system colors, materials, text styles and vibrancy effects
Prior to Apple officially embracing the community, Figma has been used and loved by designers who create for Apple’s platforms. The official design kit from Apple will be an invaluable tool for designers going forward. Designers using Figma will no longer need to recreate assets on their own.
Figma also showed care for the iPad recently with the launch of its FigJam software for iPadOS. The company is also developing a more capable of its primary iPad app as well.
Later this month, Figma is hosting its annual Config conference in San Francisco. The two day event runs June 21 and June 22 and includes a free virtual component for remote attendance.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.